Beer has been used as a method of adding flavor to different dishes for centuries. Not only is beer an all around favorite of many, but it also has many unique flavors that make so many dishes special when you incorporate it in your cooking! Stouts especially have the ability to bring in coffee and chocolate notes which create a variety of flavors to typically simple dishes.
Why does beer make it better?
Beer has been known to add a “slow-cooked” taste to many meals. This includes stews, soups, and meats. Beer also has been known to add a nutty element to certain desserts. Below you can find our Guinness Pulled Pork recipe, cooked in Guinness of course, that is sure to win over everyone at your table!
- 1 oz Minced Shallots
- 1 cup Guinness
- 1 qt Your Favorite BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 8 lb Pork Butt
- 1/4 cup Liquid Smoke
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- Spice Rub: 2 TBSP Cumin, 3 TBSP Paprika, 1 TBSP Garlic Powder, 1 TBSP Onion Powder, 1 TBSP Cajun Spice, 3 TBSP Brown Sugar, 1 TBSP Coriander 3 TBSP Kosher Salt, 1 TBSP Ground White Pepper, & 1 TBSP Ground Black Pepper
Steps for Cooking:
- Rub the pork butts with 1 cup of the spice rub, making sure all surfaces are covered
- In deep pan, combine water, liquid smoke & vinegar and place pork butts in water mixture
- Cover with aluminum foil and cook at 300 degrees for 6 hours
- Finished pork should be dark brown & pull apart with ease
- Remove from liquid & cool
- Once cooled, pull pork into bite sized pieces
Making the Sauce:
- Make sauce by mincing shallots and sauteing with Guinness until reduced.
- Use a 4:1 ratio of Guinness and shallot mixture to BBQ sauce
- Whisk in honey & set aside
Assembling the Sandwich:
- Place Pepper Jack cheese on brioche bun
- Heat & mix pulled pork with Guinness BBQ sauce
- Top with frizzled onions, Cole slaw, or any of your favorite pulled pork accompaniments
- Our favorite is to serve with French fries & pickles
- Place pepper jack cheese on brioche bun
- Heat & Mix pulled pork with Guinness BBQ sauce
- Top with frizzled onions, Cole slaw, or any of your favorites.
- Add a side of fries or onion rings for the perfect meal!